Kelvindale is a area in the west of the city of Glasgow in Scotland. Construction started in the late 1920's with work being undertaken by the City Corporation. This was followed up in the early 1930s by MacTaggart and Mickel. The houses were intended for rent rather than for sale, they consisted of semi detached villas. Subsequently in the 1930s the Western Heritable Investment Company extended the district considerably by building the last range of pre war tenements at Dorchester Avenue,
Kelvindale railway station was opened on 26 September 2005 to serve Kelvindale. It runs from Glasgow Queen Street (High Level) to Anniesland, an extension of the Maryhill Line. The number 11 bus runs through the area into the city centre.
Kelvindale contains St John's Renfield Church, Glasgow Nuffield Hospital, Cleveden Secondary School and Kelvindale Primary School.